What is a Virtual Food Drive?
The Second Harvest Heartland virtual food drive is a representational giving tool that allows organizations and individuals to host an online food drive. Our virtual drive tool allows us to serve more people, more efficiently.
Who can host a Virtual Food Drive?
Anyone can host a Virtual Food Drive! You can register to host a virtual food drive as an individual, you can start your own team, or you can join an existing team. Your drive can be customized to meet the needs of your organization, your church group, your family, or yourself.
Why a Virtual Food Drive?
- Easy to use and manage. No heavy boxes!
- Most impactful. We can provide 3 complete meals for what it would cost you to purchase 1 can of food.
- Funds raise help provide fresh, nutritious foods like produce, dairy, meats and bread.
- Transactions are completed within minutes. You can use any major credit card for payment on a secure site and donors will receive an e-receipt confirming their donations immediately.
- Saves resources. Virtual Food Drives save Second Harvest heartland time and resources incurred by a physical food drive.
How do I get started?
First, register your Virtual Drive at 2harvest.org/drive. Then, check out our online toolkit to download your Virtual Drive coordinator’s guide and access the Hope Book to help promote your drive. Good luck, and please let us know if you have any questions!
A Member of Feeding America
We are a member of Feeding America, a nationwide network of more than 200 food banks that helps feed people across the country.